Classroom Support Assistant
(Fixed Term – initially to the end of the academic year)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: NJC Grade 3 (FTE £18,065) Pro Rata Actual £8,334
Hours: 20 hours per week, term time (38 weeks) plus INSET days
Classroom Support Assistants make the education of their students their first concern and are key to the them achieving the highest possible outcomes.
We are seeking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic classroom support assistant with excellent classroom practice to join our staff team. Applicants must be highly motivated and committed to the highest standards of pupil achievement. You will be child-centered with a strong commitment to safeguarding students and have high aspirations for those you support. You should be willing to work flexibly providing 1:1 support to those students subject to a EHC plan. Candidates should be willing to contribute to the general development and life of the school.
The role will focus on:
• Attending to the personal and social needs of pupils.
• Encouraging pupils to participate and learn.
• Keeping the classroom resources in good order
• Have experience, knowledge and understanding of working with children with SEN.
• Managing pupil behaviour in class and around the school.
• Assisting to deliver appropriate programmes of work.
• To support the development and maintenance of appropriate planning, observation and assessment procedures as appropriate.
• Being aware of confidentiality issues
• Being aware of, and adhering to the schools policies and procedures.
If you would like more information, or would like to arrange an informal conversation with Carolyn Roberts (Principal), please contact the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
School information is available on the school website at www.daresburyschool.co.uk
The post is subject to external funding.
Applications forms are available to download from the school website and completed application forms and supporting letters should be emailed to email@example.com.
Daresbury Primary School is part of the Heath Family (NW) Multi Academy Trust. The Heath Family (NW) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and verification of identity and qualifications.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th September 2020
Interviews: Thursday 1st October 2020
Welcome Letter/About The Heath Family (North West)
THFNW Application Form 2020.doc